Join the team - available positions
Events & Membership Marketing Manager
Full Time Salary – £28k to £31k pa dependent on experience
Hours – 37.5hrs per week, start and finish times flexible (will consider part time, with a minimum of 25hrs per week, salary above will be pro rata)
Office based in Clockhouse, Beckenham – Remote at moment and open to two days per week from home longer term
Founded in 2018, Sircula brings together top executives and decision makers from various industries across the globe to connect, learn and grow.
Sircula was set up by Mark Baker, a B2B events specialist with 20+ years’ experience delivering award winning large scale conferences, exhibitions and industry awards across a range of sectors.
Diversity and Inclusion Leaders (d&i Leaders) is our first business to business community. Members include 4000+ diversity, inclusion, HR, well-being, talent and recruitment professionals, along with allies and senior leaders, looking to accelerate their workplace D&I strategy.
We provide independent news articles, practical insight reports, a jobs board and strategic CPD accredited online and in-person conferences and training. Visit our website to find out more – www.dileaders.com
Each conference attracts 150+ attendees and speakers include senior leaders from some of the world’s leading brands such as Vodafone; Twitter; P&G; HSBC; Ford; H&M; Sky and IKEA.
Covid-19 has seriously impacted our business, like most, with the majority of our income traditionally coming from in-person events. We have used the past 10 months to improve our online membership offer, increasing dramatically our volume of free content, resulting in greater membership engagement and new sign ups. We have successfully pivoted our events online and are selling online tickets in great numbers than we ever did before.
Diversity and inclusion are topics on many executive agendas. Companies should be working to create more diversity within and outside of their organisation, because firstly, it’s the right thing to do, and secondly, it makes good business sense. However, progress has been slow and d&i Leaders exists to help connect individuals and organisations to accelerate change. Covid-19 as well as the continued rise of progressive movements such as Black Lives Matter and resulting demonstrations around the world, have further highlighted the need for inclusion to be a business priority.
We based in Beckenham, South East London at 80 Beckenham Road, London, SE20 7SP.
Being a start-up organisation, during the first year of operating, Mark put together all events and built the d&i Leaders community by himself. In May/June 2019, a part-time office based Events and Membership Project Manager was hired (working 24 hours a week) to help research the conference agendas and invite speakers, along with a Events & Membership Operations Manager (working 25 hours a week), who manages the event logistics and finance administration.
With 2 years of successful events having now taken place, and the volume of content we produce and membership numbers increasing quickly, the time is right to bring on board a third member of staff at this time of growth for the business.
The Events & Membership Marketing Manager role is primarily focused on increasing our community membership signs ups and paid for event ticket sales, through a range of online communications using targeted data – ensuring these activities are automated where possible, tracked and monitored and within budget.
Key responsibilities and tasks of an Events & Membership Marketing Manager in Sircula include:
- Write, build and test marketing emails for events and membership communications with clear, compelling copy to drive tickets sales, downloads and membership sign ups. Track engagement and map activity in a communications calendar.
- Upload regular content (news/reports/webinar recordings) and manage the adverts and event listings on the main d&i Leaders website www.dileaders.com as well as individual event microsites, e.g. www.dileaders.com/globalforum using our WordPress content management system.
- Track event bookings against weekly targets
- Work with external designer to create marketing collateral for all events and content – this includes event logos, social media banners, google remarketing ads and pdf insight reports
- Write, upload and manage all social media activity promoting our events and content – this included using systems such as SproutSocial, LinkedIn Campaign Manager and Google Adwords – tracking engagement and managing spend
- Project manage the migration of our current audience data in to a new online database with an existing external provider – ensuring all data is uploaded, logged and accessible for future use, mapping which other systems need to link to the main database, such as the event registration, membership and email marketing systems. Building reports to be able to track engagement and spot gaps in data. Train team on how to use the new database. Brief new data builds in with external supplier and upload new data once received.
- Populate and maintain a new supplier directory on the dileaders.com website, with support from the Events & Membership Operations Manager
- Work with event sponsors to ensure marketing related activities are fulfilled, tracked and reported
- Propose supporters for our events on a contra basis and work with them and our event speakers to help promote ticket sales
- Research market trends, competitor activities and relevant information that helps enrich product content and taking marketing collateral to the next level. This will require a genuine understanding, passion and interest in the need to create a more equal society and workplace
The Events & Membership Marketing Manager role is expected to bring experience, knowledge and expertise in the above tasks and show leadership in these areas of the business – keeping up to date with the latest related technologies, trends, best practice and relevant legislation such as GDPR.
As this is a start-up company, you will be exposed to all aspects of the business and full training and support on existing systems and processes will be given to ensure you succeed.
You will be joining at an exciting time and have the opportunity to help shape and grow the business.
To apply, write an email outlining the how your experience and skills match the key responsibilities of this role detailed above, and why you feel it matches your ambition, along with a CV to email@example.com